These 10 Chrome Extensions Will Save You Time and Increase Your Productivity
Chrome extensions are a great way to improve your productivity and creativity as a designer. There are a wide variety of extensions available, from those that help you with basic tasks like taking screenshots and measuring elements, to those that help you with more complex tasks like creating wireframes and prototypes.
In this post, I will share 10 of the most useful Chrome extensions for designers. These extensions will help you save time, be more productive, and create better designs.
ColorZilla is a must-have extension for any designer. It allows you to easily identify and extract colors from any website. You can also use ColorZilla to create color palettes and gradients.
WhatFont is another great extension for identifying fonts. Simply hover over any text on a website and WhatFont will tell you the font name, size, and weight.
3. CSS Peeper
CSS Peeper is a great way to inspect the CSS of any website. This can be helpful for understanding how a website is designed and for troubleshooting CSS problems.
4. Page Ruler
Page Ruler is a simple but effective extension for measuring elements on a website. This can be helpful for ensuring that your designs are aligned and spaced correctly.
5. Awesome Screenshot
Awesome Screenshot is a great way to take screenshots and annotations of websites. This can be helpful for sharing designs with clients or for documenting your work.
6. Web Developer
7. Fontface Ninja
Fontface Ninja is a great way to find and use web fonts. Simply type in the name of a font and Fontface Ninja will show you where you can download it.
8. Icon Finder
Icon Finder is a great way to find and download icons. Simply type in the name of an icon or browse through the categories to find the perfect icon for your design.
9. Google Fonts
Google Fonts is a great resource for finding and using free web fonts. There are thousands of fonts available, so you’re sure to find the perfect font for your design.
Typekit is a subscription service that gives you access to a library of high-quality web fonts. This is a great option if you need a wide variety of fonts for your designs.
These are just a few of the many useful Chrome extensions for designers. By using these extensions, you can save time, be more productive, and create better designs.
I hope you found this post helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Chrome Extensions Examples
Here are some examples of how you can use the Chrome extensions mentioned in this post:
- Use ColorZilla to identify the colors used in a website’s logo.
- Use WhatFont to find out the name of the font used in a website’s header.
- Use CSS Peeper to see how the CSS for a website’s navigation bar is implemented.
- Use Page Ruler to measure the width and height of a website’s footer.
- Use Awesome Screenshot to take a screenshot of a website and annotate it with comments.
- Use Fontface Ninja to find a web font that matches the style of a website’s existing fonts.
- Use Icon Finder to find an icon that represents the purpose of a website.
- Use Google Fonts to add a custom font to a website.
- Use Typekit to add a variety of high-quality web fonts to a website.
I hope these examples help you see how you can use these Chrome extensions to improve your designs.
- What are Chrome extensions?
Chrome extensions are small programs that can be added to the Chrome web browser. They can add new features, change the appearance of the browser, or automate tasks.
- What are the benefits of using Chrome extensions for designers?
Chrome extensions can help designers save time, be more productive, and create better designs. Some of the specific benefits include:
- Identifying and extracting colors from websites
- Finding and using web fonts
- Inspecting the CSS of websites
- Measuring elements on websites
- Taking screenshots and annotations of websites
- Finding and using icons
- Which Chrome extensions are the most popular for designers?
Some of the most popular Chrome extensions for designers include:
- CSS Peeper
- Page Ruler
- Awesome Screenshot
- Web Developer
- Fontface Ninja
- Icon Finder
- Google Fonts
- How do I find Chrome extensions for designers?
There are a few different ways to find Chrome extensions for designers. You can:
- Search the Chrome Web Store for extensions that are specifically designed for designers.
- Look for extensions that are popular with other designers.
- Read reviews of extensions before you install them.
- How do I install Chrome extensions?
To install a Chrome extension, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for the extension you want to install.
- Click the “Add to Chrome” button.
- Click the “Add extension” button to confirm.
The extension will be installed and added to your Chrome browser. You can then start using it.